Company guidelines

home Forums Solutions for a Better Way Forward Company guidelines

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Douglas Jack 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Douglas Jack
    Participant

Hi, everybody.

I am listening to the show in Scotland and have some ideas regarding a peoples company guidelines as discussed on show.

1. The company CEO earns 50% more than the top staff member below him.
    2. The company has no public profits, all profits are divided 2 ways, half goes to the staff wages as a bonus and half goes to that company.
    3. Point 2 alternative, the company has no public profits, all profits are divided 3 ways, one third goes to the staff wages as a bonus, one third goes back into that company and one third goes back into the peoples club.
    4. Point 2 alternative, the company has no public profits, all profits are divided 3 ways, one third goes to the staff wages as a bonus, one third goes to the local community and one third goes back into that company.
    5. Point 2 alternative, the company has no public profits, all profits are divided 4 ways, one fourth goes to the staff wages as a bonus, one fourth goes to the local community, one fourth goes back into that company and one fourth goes back into the peoples club. This is my favourite option as everybody benefits,
    6. The amount of bonus periods is decided by the staff i.e. one a year, twice a year. An example of this is that the bonus period is paid twice a year, once in June and once in December. This would help people pay for a summer holiday and Christmas presents.
    7. The amount of times the local community profits are paid out and who gets these profits is decided by staff. If the same amount of times are used as above then this could be used for a variety of things i.e. daily Summer breakfast / activity club, providing schools with technology (i,e, 3D printers etc) and local community Christmas event / buying Christmas presents for those less well off. Staff could also use this money to help each other i.e. pay for medical care for a colleagues (themselves or family) serious medical condition.
    8. Environmental friendly cleaning supplies and products and are used in the company, these cleaning products are offered to staff at cost (the amount would be limited per year).
    9. You have to be with the company for a period of time before you receive the bonus as to show you are dedicated to the company. You receive the bonus not in the bonus time that you have qualified in but the next bonus period i.e. if you complete the qualifying time in April you do not receive the June bonus (see point 3) but the December bonus. Would the same time period be allocated to staff buying environmental friendly cleaning supplies and products as well?
    10. Electrical transport is used where possible i.e. electrical cargo bikes, vans etc.
    11. Sign language is taught to all staff (including the CEO) as staff training.
    12. Full timers – 4 days a week – Monday to Thursday (Paid for 5 days) and part timers – 3 days a week – Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The advantage of this is that it gives more family time for full timers and gives people who to wish to work part time more money.
    13. Point 10 would add a degree of complication to the staff bonus calculation, you could say the bonus is worked out – bonus to each person – (amount of staff profit bonus) divided (amount of days in a 6 month bonus period, this would work out a 8 day week due to that weekly wages is 5 days + 3 days) x (by amount of hours person worked) i.e. Company made £10000 staff bonus profit, the total amount of hours completed by all staff is 10400 days. Dougie works 4 days a week (payed for 5 day week) so he would work 130 days over this period, his bonus would be £125 and Liz works 3 days a week so she would work 78 hours over this period, so her bonus would be £75.
    When the company starts the staff profit bonus (monetary benefit) will be very small but the non monetary benefits would be very big as life we lead is a social construct of many parts.
    14. The first Friday in every month would be a staff meeting, the company would shut down completely as all staff would be required to attend including the people on a four day week.

These are just some of my thoughts and points for discussion, i understand that everybody may not agree with everything i have written but please join in the conversation.

Thanks for reading this and i look forward to hearing other ideas.

Douglas Jack
    Participant

Point 13 should start ‘Post 12 would’.

Thanks

Dougie

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Douglas Jack.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.